Old August 30th 17, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster changes/improvements

In article , d () wrote:

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:19:24 +0200
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
m...
I'm very disappointed that you can't understand enough French to deal
with such everyday things. Another shameful British habit.

I seem to have an inherent inability to remember more than 1 foreign
language

having (in chronological order) spent 2 years learning Italian, 6 years
learning German and 1 year in Sweden since I left school, 40 years ago

I have lost all ability that I had to communicate in French

As someone who can get by in French I always found written Italian similar
enough to understand at least some of it (spoken italian is another
matter, I can barely understand a word) so I'm surprised the reverse isn't
true.

Indeed It is even more so, both written and spoken, with Italian and
Portuguese (and for all I know Spanish). One just has to know the different
spelling reforms and go by the sounds.

--
Colin Rosenstiel