Old August 30th 17, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Oyster and Contactless on NR

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:10:52 +0100
David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:11:29 -0500,
wrote:
From the back office database. Don't they already access that when checking
contactless these days? Recent Oyster & Contactless developments rely on a
degree of connectivity that was but a dream less than a decade ago.

Not in real time as far as I can tell, no. Contactless ticket checks
show on the journey history but take some hours to appear, it seems to
be updated after the event. Gate entry/exits take a few seconds to appear.

I wonder what if anything stops people using duff contactless cards, eg
ones for a closed account or one that was thought lost , cancelled , then foundi
again? Presumably the only check the gate can do is whether the card is from a
valid bank and account type.

--
Spud