Old August 30th 17, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster changes/improvements

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 03:52:50PM -0500, wrote:

When I was at school we used to says "optimists learn Russian, pessimists
Chinese".

My grandfather, being an optimist, learned Russian alongside Civil
Engineering, thinking that Lenin's NEP would open up opportunities for
infrastructure work. He was still ****ed off 70 years later at Lenin for
inconveniently dying and allowing that Stalin chap to take over.

I, having the choice at school of learning Russian or Italian, picked
Italian, because who the **** ever wanted to go to the Soviet Union. Two
months later people starting ****ting the Berlin Wall with hammers.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

You know you're getting old when you fancy the
teenager's parent and ignore the teenager
-- Paul M in uknot