Old August 30th 17, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 05:00:54AM -0000, Clank wrote:
On 29.08.2017 2:50 AM, wrote:
I take French as a bit exceptional because at least in theory almost all
of
us are supposed to have learnt it at school.

It's a bit of a mystery why it's taught in school, given it's about the
least useful language to learn.

Nah. That would be Welsh.

No, that would be Scottish Gaelic - 57,000 speak this - it is not
(apparently) interchangeable with Irish Gaelic (the numbers for which are
inflated by people who were forced to learn it at school but have never
spoken it in real life - on that basis I speak French, be we have already
established that I don't)

Welsh has half a million speakers

tim