Old August 30th 17, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

On 30/08/2017 14:57, tim... wrote:

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...
It's a bit of a mystery why it's taught in school, given it's about the
Â*least useful language to learn.

Nah. That would be Welsh.

Welsh has half a million speakers

But how many don't speak reasonable conversational English and how many
people who are not from Wales speak any at all?

Whilst I accept the cultural reasoning for trying to keep the language
alive the Welsh government take it far too far given the more useful
ways they could spend their money (and open up a larger pool of
competent staff to employ).

The proliferation of Welsh language schools also remains a complete
mystery to me - are people that scared of the Severn Bridge?

Oh - and yes, I am born and bred Welsh and probably one of the few who
has visited Patagonia.