Old September 6th 17, 12:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nobody Nobody is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 16:04:18 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 06:06:13PM -0700, Nobody wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 16:25:55 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 08:22:24PM +0100, Richard wrote:
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 08:52:31 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:
Our physical proximity to France is a co-incidence.
I think people should know something of their neighbours' language(s),
to find out something about the culture. Having their TV channels
would be a start, something that Belgium and the Netherlands learned.
I suppose cable helped there.

No, really we shouldn't.

No-one should have to suffer Welsh language broadcasting.

That's a bit narrow-minded.... no, absolutely pig-headed.

I would be imaginatively surprised should you prove that you do not
have access to/service from public broadcasting (let alone commercial)
outlets in Your Language.

So why would you be 'forced' to tune/view programming in Welsh?

Your choice is to ignore it.

I didn't have that choice when I was made to learn Welsh at school.

But your original comment was, "No-one should have to suffer Welsh
language BROADCASTING." No mention of schooling in that comment that
I can ascertain.

Lurning (deliberate) another language, or even being exposed to other
languages, 'should' enhance how you appreciate/understand your native
tongue.

It really is interesting, and most of all, fun... as in "meeting
people".