Old September 6th 17, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

On 06/09/2017 01:35, Nobody wrote:
On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 16:04:18 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

I didn't have that choice when I was made to learn Welsh at school.

Lurning (deliberate) another language, or even being exposed to other
languages, 'should' enhance how you appreciate/understand your native
tongue.

It really is interesting, and most of all, fun... as in "meeting
people".

And I refer you to my previously made point that there are barely any
Welsh people who are not competently conversant in English and hence the
opportunity for meeting one is limited to say the least.

Learning other languages does have benefits, I don't deny that, but at
least make it something useful like Spanish (try travelling in South
America without any), Chinese, French (across the channel, some of CALA,
some of Africa) etc.