Old September 7th 17, 01:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nobody Nobody is offline

Default Oyster changes/improvements

On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 11:09:11 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 05:35:37PM -0700, Nobody wrote:
On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 16:04:18 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:
I didn't have that choice when I was made to learn Welsh at school.

But your original comment was, "No-one should have to suffer Welsh
language BROADCASTING." No mention of schooling in that comment that
I can ascertain.

Perhaps you've never learned a second language, but my experience of
learning five of 'em has been that lessons generally include exposure to
media in that language. Including broadcasts (usually but not always
recorded).

Again, I point out your bald statement, "No-one should have to suffer
Welsh language broadcasting."

How you were exposed to the sounds of the how-many languages you have
been taught is irrelevant.

You posted an assessment of a legitimate service wherein the alternate
tuning of your radio or TV receivers would provide you with language
access of your choice.

I was 'taught' two languages other than my native English... learned
might be pushing the definition.. but I also was involved for several
decades with multi-lingual broadcasting aimed at minority language
groups.