Old September 9th 17, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Tube passengers tracked by phone WiFi

On 08/09/2017 14:36, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:03:37 on Fri, 8 Sep 2017, Recliner remarked:

The data showed that even within stations a third of passengers did not use the quickest routes between platforms and could be wasting up to two minutes.

Assisted, no doubt, by TfL signage which frequently points to non-optimum routes on account of fearing overloading of the optimum route.

I have often made journeys between Waterloo and King's Cross and though I mostly use their supposedly optimum route, have one time or another used at least half-a-dozen of the other routes. The reason is usually that one hears about problems on one or more lines or stations and so diverts to an alternative which is nearly as good. It may be that TfL have only analysed data when they think that services are good on their optimum route, but customers may have other information, possibly more or less accurate than that of TfL, which persuades them to divert.

--
Clive Page