Old June 1st 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

In article , (Jeremy Parker) wrote:

What would really
help here in the USA is British style roundabouts.

Try Massachusetts. You too can drive like a Bostonian.

Just spent two weeks in MA, during which I came across about three
"rotaries". Anyone going to Boston is well-advised to park on the
edge and take the "T". The "Big Dig" is coming to its completion, but
some way to go yet!

One thing which struck me as very odd (apart from driving on the wrong
side of the road) was a number of quite major cross-roads where traffic
from all four directions is required to stop. They then look at each other
until one of them decides to proceed, hoping that the other will not do so
at the same time.

--
Peter Beale