Old September 11th 17, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Go-Ahead profits hit by Southern strife

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 20:34:48 on Sun, 10 Sep 2017, Recliner
remarked:

Not sure when EMT threw in the towel completely, but they are
Stagecoach, not NX.

I thought the restaurant cars had been cut before Stagecoach took over from
NX?

May depend on your definition I'm including trains with a kitchen car,
serving at-seat in First Class. Not a car where you move to for the
meal, then move back to your seat.

Yes, I meant a separate dining car, now I think only offered on a few GWR
services.

That's not the main economic driver (for withdrawal) though - which is
the kitchen car, chefs, supply of non-microwave meals, and so on.