Old September 12th 17, 08:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Tube passengers tracked by phone WiFi

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 15:16:32 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 11/09/2017 14:53, Roland Perry wrote:
Does the associated article mention whether they attempted to correct
for this built-in bias?

Are you presuming that there is a correlation between whether people
keep wifi on and choose particular routes? If we assume they are
independent then TfLs analysis still stands.

Presumably by analysing ticket data we can see what percentage of
passengers are carrying a device with wi-fi enabled (although in my case
that is often 3 or more - before you ask, personal phone, work phone and
kindle)

You have to carry a work phone? You have my sympathies. There's nothing worse
than the invisible leesh tying you to the office when its not really required
by the job (ie you're not a travelling salesman or on site engineer etc).

--
Spud