Old June 1st 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default DLR and one-unders

"AyrAlex" (AyrAlex) wrote in message
Boltar wrote:
You'd be a resident of Glasgow then?

Yes. The place where the floor of the subway in the station has trenches

in
it so that people who are pushed down there or jump off can lie under the
train as it goes past. I'd not like to try it, though. For some reason the
Glasgow Subway has minging, eggy-smelling orange water running down the
train tracks and stagnating in big puddles in the stations. You really

have
to see it to believe it.

Which are the stations where you can hear running water, Kelvinbridge and
Cessnock?

The Glasgow Underground (sorry, I refuse to embrace the new 'Subway'
indentity, too 'merkin sounding) used to have a tar smell but now it has an
eggy, sulphurous whiff. I used to live above the tunnels between
Kelvinbridge and Hillhead, the building used to tremble when trains passed
by underneath (I was on the ground floor, Oakfield Avenue, G12). Such a pity
the plans to build another circle to make a figure-of-eight formation and
plans to extend over the old Botanic Gardens underground tunnels never came
to anything. Any mice in stations like you sometimes see in London tube
stations?