Old September 13th 17, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jarle Hammen Knudsen Jarle Hammen Knudsen is offline

Default Hopper fare and two journeys lasting more than an hour

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:03:59 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 12:52:52 on
Wed, 13 Sep 2017, Jarle Hammen Knudsen remarked:
With Sadiq Khan’s ‘Hopper’ fare in effect, what should you do if the
second journey takes you over the one hour limit? Will you have to go
forward and touch your card again?

Isn't it *starting* the first leg within an hour?

I assume you meant starting the *second* leg within an hour.

No. The fares page [1] says:

" Make a journey using pay as you go (contactless or Oyster) on a bus
or tram, and you can now make a second bus or tram journey for free
within one hour of touching in on the first bus or tram. "

To me, making a bus journey means getting on the bus, riding the bus
and getting off again.

[1] https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...s/bus-and-tram

--
jhk