Old September 14th 17, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hopper fare and two journeys lasting more than an hour

In article ,
(Robin) wrote:

On 14/09/2017 13:08,
wrote:
Snip

But what happens if you have to catch a 3rd bus because the 2nd one is
terminated early? A couple of times recently on a bus that I've
been using the driver has had instructions sent in by radio to stop
his service prematurely, perhaps because of congestion or too many of
the same route number in a convoy. So I've had to get off and get on
another bus that is following the same route. This doesn't cause me
more than mild annoyance as I have a bus pass, but if you are using
Oyster would this be included in the 2nd-bus-within-an-hour
concession, and if so how does the system handle it?

Back in the day wasn't the driver of the terminating bus supposed to
give you a chitty to show the following driver?

With emphasis on the "supposed", I seem to recall.

The so-called "chitty" was offered to those who used Oyster PAYG or
Contactless by the driver of the W15 service I was on yesterday when
he announced the change of destination.

And by the driver of a 308 service sometime last week.

Things must have improved then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel