Old September 15th 17, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Hopper fare and two journeys lasting more than an hour

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 14/09/2017 11:49, Clive Page wrote:

But what happens if you have to catch a 3rd bus because the 2nd one is
terminated early? A couple of times recently on a bus that I've been
using the driver has had instructions sent in by radio to stop his
service prematurely, perhaps because of congestion or too many of the
same route number in a convoy. So I've had to get off and get on another
bus that is following the same route. This doesn't cause me more than
mild annoyance as I have a bus pass, but if you are using Oyster would
this be included in the 2nd-bus-within-an-hour concession, and if so how
does the system handle it?

One of the passengers - it usually seems to be me - gets given a paper
ticket by the driver of terminated bus covering everyone onboard, which
they use to transfer without touching in again.

The fun starts if the next bus is a different route number but going the
right way, so good enough for the passenger to reach their destination,
but its driver wants passengers to stand in the rain waiting for the
"right" bus to come along later.

They might do that if the next bus is only good for part of the route, thus
being acceptable to some, but not all transferring pax. But I doubt that
they do if the route is *exactly* the same (how often can that happen?)

tim

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK