Old September 15th 17, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default "Explosion" on tube train

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:01:08 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,

(Charles Ellson) wrote:

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:50:12 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:13:33 on Fri, 15 Sep
2017, Graeme Wall remarked:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

Lithium battery inside something? Injuries cause by the panic, not the
'device'.

It looks like it was a very-improvised explosive device that fortunately
didn't go off properly. But it does seem to have burned some passengers,
while other injuries were indeed caused by the panic evacuation.

One of the people waiting for her train on the station was the main
presenter of BBC London news, so I guess she'll have extensive reports on
it in today's bulletins.

She's just said she was 15 minutes away.

It seems the Wimbledon Branch is closed for the day. I passed Wimbledon (on
my way from Waterloo to Bournemouth) about 12:45 and there were 4 District
Line trains in the bay platforms showing their tail lights. So they weren't
going anywhere soon.

While I think we can be grateful (like on 21/7) that making viable explosive
devices isn't as easy as many people think, I see the threat level has been
raised to critical, presumably because the culprit is at large and may have
other weaponry.

And as with other attacks, there may be a bomb-making cell behind it.
We can laugh at their incompetence with this bomb, but they may get it
right with a second one.