Old September 15th 17, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default "Explosion" on tube train

wrote:
In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:01:08 -0500,

wrote:

It seems the Wimbledon Branch is closed for the day. I passed Wimbledon
(on my way from Waterloo to Bournemouth) about 12:45 and there were 4
District Line trains in the bay platforms showing their tail lights. So
they weren't going anywhere soon.

While I think we can be grateful (like on 21/7) that making viable
explosive devices isn't as easy as many people think, I see the threat
level has been raised to critical, presumably because the culprit is at
large and may have other weaponry.

And as with other attacks, there may be a bomb-making cell behind it.
We can laugh at their incompetence with this bomb, but they may get it
right with a second one.

Hence the sharp increase in security resources now being devoted to finding
them, as after 21/7.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/15/four-lions-factor-how-terrorist-incompetence-is-saving-lives