Old September 16th 17, 11:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Explosion on district line

On 16/09/2017 12:24, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 16/09/2017 12:03, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 16/09/2017 11:32, Tim Watts wrote:
On 16/09/17 09:52, Graeme Wall wrote:

But not for Irish nutters.

The use of a timer is not a huge advancement of tech for the alan's
snackbar brigade, but it is unusual that they seem short of willing
martyrs. Assuming it's them and my money says it is (speculation of
course...)

Perhaps they are losing the ability to find dickheads willing to blow
themselves up?

Not on current evidence, this is the first attack in quite a while that
wasn't a suicide attack.[1] The exception, of course, being North
Ireland where there are still terrorist attacks involving bombs with
either timers or other ways of being detonated that don't involve the
death of the perpetrator.

[1] In fact I can't think of an attack since 911 by Islamic
fundamentalists in Europe/USA that wasn't a suicide attack.

What about the printer bombs?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_planes_bomb_plot

Good point, not subsequently attempted again and the perpetrator was
taken out by a crise missile IIRC.

Or perhaps not?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibra...ports_of_death

It was Anwar al-Awlaki I was thinking of as the organiser, rather than
the maker.

Or, pre-911, there was the Hindawi attempted bombing that led to the
subsequent additional airport questioning:
https://www.asi-mag.com/ann-marie-mu...ersary-review/

That was very much before 911 but wasn't a suicide attack as such. The
mule didn't know she was intended to be murdered.

Yes, and that's why passengers subsequently were asked, "Were you given
anything? And did you pack it yourself?"

Which lead to me making a formal complaint about the attitude of a
certain airline's check in staff (no, not that one). When asked the
statutory question about whether I'd packed my own bag, the female
chimed in before I could reply and said I probably got my wife to do it
as men can't pack their own bags.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.