Old September 17th 17, 01:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Explosion on district line

Nobody wrote:
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 00:12:50 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Nobody wrote:
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 09:20:32 -0500, Christopher A. Lee
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:20:13 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Martin Edwards wrote:
On 9/15/2017 10:15 AM, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:47:08 +0100
e27002 aurora wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:19:08 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Looks like it could be an improvised device, or some builders chemicals that
overheated. Hopefully the latter but seems unlikely to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41278545

There are reports of folks leaving the station with burns on exposed
flesh. It sounds like a chemical reaction. We can but hope it's not
"the religion of piece" proselytizing.

If it is terrorism then it'll almost certainly be down to followers of the
peaceful not in any way militant religion of islam.

It does appear to be terrorism.

Yes.

And they've now made an arrest, in Dover.

Don't these bombers realise that with all the surveillance videos,
they're going to get caught?

I dunno why youse guys in the UK aren't (constantly?) up in arms over
the seemingly massive surveillance you appear to live under.

If anything, people seem to want more of it, as they feel safer with it.

And 'they' don't really think/consider beyond, as to how it affects
their individual right to unobserved movement.

The state (in Canaduh anyway) has no right to know where I might or
might not be.

And please don't launch the "if you've done nothing wrong, you have
nothing to fear" defence at me.

Why not? It's exactly what most people think.

That's a surrender to un-involved citizenship. Big word:
acquiescence.

To an outsider, watching your exports of TV programming involving
fictional crime (e.g. the rather ancient series 'Scott and Bailey')
suggests that a mind-boggling Big Brother watch-it has been around for
more than a few years.

Yes, it's been around for many years.

Sad.

Your time will come: this is one area where Britain leads and the world
follows.

Interestingly, the crime rate in Canaduh has been dropping for
decades.

What's with your unfunny misspellings? They just make your posts less
readable.