Old June 1st 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James James is offline

Default How much is a train ticket down there?

Incidentally, my impression of Glasgow (as a visitor from the southeast of
England) was VERY impressive. This has to be the most stunning,
architecturally innovative and friendliest city in the UK. The people, city,
buildings, shopping, hotels etc are fantastic. An added bonus has to be that
the city has the largest suburban electric railway network outside London
and the only city in the UK (outside London) to have a proper underground
railway system. I loved Glasgow, the scale and metropolitan feel of the city
and can't wait to go back again. It surely has to be Britain's best kept
secret? Many people in the UK would avoid it (for some strange reason) but
it is beautiful, exciting and overwhelmingly friendly. I loved it and when I
got back to London I thought "What a dump (compared wth Glasgow)".

I just wish they'd number the streets. I had great difficulty finding
Central Station when I was last up there!