Old September 19th 17, 09:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
tim... tim... is offline

Default Explosion on district line

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 18/09/2017 13:34, Recliner wrote:

It seems he was arrested at Dover on other grounds. Only later did they
discover he was wanted fir the attempted bombing.

"They" would say that, wouldn't they...?

I'm inclined to think that the alternative is the greater deterrent, to be
honest.

Announcing that they did, in fact, manage to identify the perp's name using
normal policing looking at CCTV is going to worry them into stopping
attacking such targets - after all it's no secret that the CCTV is there,
and I doubt that any of theses copycat cells have the resources to disable
it.

Keeping it secret that they can do this, is no deterrent at all.

and it is the deterrent that we need here. Catching the perf after he has
killed 100 people is not a successful outcome.