Old September 19th 17, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Why is the piccadilly line so slow?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 04:04:43 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 09:44:27 UTC+1, wrote:
Stations too close together in the centre with too much stopping?

That has always got on my nerves. There is this huge distance, Caledonian Road
to King's Cross, then the stops bunch right up together. Leicester Sq to
Covent Garden is the worst example. Thank god they closed a few (Brompton Rd,
Down St...).

I wonder why covent garden was spared? Its a small cramped station that can't
really cope with evening crowds and its literally a 3-4 minute walk to
leicester square. Its a bit of an anomoly IMO.