Old September 19th 17, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default 675 bus route

On 19/09/2017 13:45, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:08:51 +0100
(Mark Bestley) wrote:
Recliner wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:57:45 +0200, Jarle Hammen Knudsen
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:52:14 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I think I use the 655 more often than the school children.

So non-school people can use school buses in London?

From the picture, it's not actually a school bus as such, just an
ordinary double-decker bus deployed to a route aimed mainly at school
kids.

hich is what a school bus is in London (and I think UK) We don't have
the silly waste of separate school buses that the US have. Although that
does mean that some of ours are not very good buses.

Those US school buses look like they were designed in the 1940s to me. Is
there some reason they can't use a modern bus but have to use some archaic
throwbacks?

They also have more modern ones, but I suppose the old ones last for a very
long time. They don't do a high mileage, after all.

Well they seem to keep replacing them with similar models - older ones
seem to end up as low-cost transport in central American countries such
as Guatemala.