Old September 19th 17, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default 675 bus route

On 19/09/2017 14:36, David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:08:51 +0100, Mark Bestley wrote:
Recliner wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:57:45 +0200, Jarle Hammen Knudsen
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:52:14 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I think I use the 655 more often than the school children.

So non-school people can use school buses in London?

From the picture, it's not actually a school bus as such, just an
ordinary double-decker bus deployed to a route aimed mainly at school
kids.

hich is what a school bus is in London (and I think UK)

Apart from where they aren't. There are several school bus services
around me (in North London) which use coaches.

I think that just serves to reinforce the point that "school bus" does
not have anything like as precise meaning (and iconic status) as it has
in the USA. And I find that very easy to understand given the way the
US school bus was so widespread - IIRC available for any child more than
a mile from school, even in cities.

And from my list of useless things I remember, John Prescott (when in
Government) sponsored a pilot in England of a US-style service - with
yellow buses imported from the USA.

--
Robin