Old September 19th 17, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 675 bus route

In message , at 13:08:51 on
Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Mark Bestley remarked:

From the picture, it's not actually a school bus as such, just an
ordinary double-decker bus deployed to a route aimed mainly at school
kids.

hich is what a school bus is in London (and I think UK) We don't have
the silly waste of separate school buses that the US have.

Having a dedicated fleet of USA school buses is the only way to provide
the transport, because stage buses are very scarce.

And don't make the mistake of thinking they do only one return trip a
day - where I lived in the USA for a year the school buses did three
morning trips and three afternoon ones, and the school hours were
staggered to account for that - different times for Elementary, Middle
and High Schools.

In somewhat similar conditions out in the English countryside, school
buses tend to be private hire rent-a-wrecks which either spend the rest
of the day ferrying crop-pickers around, or simply sit at the depot
(well, the back of some farmyard which passes for a depot).

In slightly more urban areas they might be pressed into service doing
once-a-day OAP trips to the out-of-town supermarkets.