Old September 20th 17, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Why is the piccadilly line so slow?

In message , at 08:20:32 on
Wed, 20 Sep 2017, Jarle Hammen Knudsen remarked:

Exactly. It may be close to Leicester Square station underground, but
Covent Garden station is nevertheless a busy station in its own right. And
the surface route between them isn't direct or obvious.

It looks pretty straight on Google maps along Cranbourn St and Long
Acre, but I don't think I have walked that way when I've been in
London.

Perhaps because of the talcum powder?

Joking apart, I've walked down there a hundred times, and that's without
ever having lived or worked in the vicinity.