Old September 20th 17, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 675 bus route

In message , at 08:38:41 on Wed, 20 Sep
2017, remarked:
Those US school buses look like they were designed in the 1940s to me. Is
there some reason they can't use a modern bus but have to use some archaic
throwbacks?

They are robust and reliable. Why is anything more luxurious required?

So is a horse and cart. Also I'd be amazed if their crash worthiness and fuel
economy is as good as a normal bus.

No-one cares about fuel efficiency in the USA, nor do people crash into
school buses very often (they are large and conspicuous, getting too
close is frowned upon, let alone overtaking them, and they'd lock you up
and throw away the key. I doubt they ever get much above 30mph.