Old June 2nd 04, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
mookie89 mookie89 is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

"Richard J." wrote in message
mookie89 wrote:

Interestingly enough, in a fast growing northern suburb of
Indianapolis, traffic circles are becoming quite common in new road
construction. Drivers seem a little tentative, not understanding
proper traffic circle protocol, but hopefully this will ease out
and we Americans can take a lesson from our British ancestors and
keep the traffic flowing instead of sitting at a red light wasting
gasoline while absolutely no one is using the cross street.

When you think you have mastered roundabouts, have a look at my
favourite, the Magic Roundabout at Swindon:
http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemagi0.htm
--
Richard J.

OMG! I wonder what kind of, er, medicine that traffic engineer was taking
at the moment of truth. The police must have been severely....
puckered.... when they decided to let all the traffic just have at it. But
hey, if it works! Thanks for pointing this out to me. A very good British
friend of mine consults a lot in public transport, specializing in public
school transport. I'll have to ask her about this one.

Rich