Old September 20th 17, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard[_3_] Richard[_3_] is offline

Default 675 bus route

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 08:38:41 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:25:09 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:28:48 on Tue, 19 Sep
2017,
remarked:
Those US school buses look like they were designed in the 1940s to me. Is
there some reason they can't use a modern bus but have to use some archaic
throwbacks?

They are robust and reliable. Why is anything more luxurious required?

So is a horse and cart. Also I'd be amazed if their crash worthiness and fuel
economy is as good as a normal bus.

IMO a normal bus is better because of:

- Economy
- Accessibility (without a lot of fuss, both operationally and for the
passenger concerned)
- Reasonable comfort - don't laugh - as long as there is no 3-a-side
config
- Most importantly for the bus operator - gets kids used to using a
normal bus

Of course, for the last point to apply there has to *be* a normal bus,
but that's hardly a problem in London.

Richard.