Old September 21st 17, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Why is the piccadilly line so slow?

wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:12:31 GMT
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\09\20 14:41, Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 14:07:03 UTC+1, wrote:

I doubt all the people who get off the picc at finsbury are specifically

going
to a victoria line station.

I can imagine someone who lives at Cockfosters and works at Hyde Park
Corner travelling Cockfosters - Finsbury Park, FP (Vic) - Green Park and

walking.

Was that "can" supposed to be "can't"?

Oggy Circus and Victoria are two of the four busiest tube stations:
Waterloo is another, and the easiest route from Cockfosters involves
taking the Vic from Finny P to Oggy C.

If I'd got a seat on the Picc from Cockfosters, I'd stay seated in
reasonable comfort on the train all the way to Hyde Park corner, rather
than having to stand on a packed Victoria line train from Finsbury Park to
Green Park, and then having a 10 min walk to Hyde Park Corner (maybe in the
rain) that more than wasted the few minutes I'd saved standing on the
Victoria line train.

I suppose it depends if you value comfort over time. Personally I've got
better things to do than spend an extra 10-15 mins trundling through the
west end on the piccadilly line.

In that particular example, the comfortable option is also quicker. But
obviously it wouldn't always be the case.