Old September 21st 17, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Why is the piccadilly line so slow?

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:18:38 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:12:31 GMT
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\09\20 14:41, Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 14:07:03 UTC+1, wrote:

I doubt all the people who get off the picc at finsbury are specifically
going
to a victoria line station.

I can imagine someone who lives at Cockfosters and works at Hyde Park
Corner travelling Cockfosters - Finsbury Park, FP (Vic) - Green Park and
walking.

Was that "can" supposed to be "can't"?

Oggy Circus and Victoria are two of the four busiest tube stations:
Waterloo is another, and the easiest route from Cockfosters involves
taking the Vic from Finny P to Oggy C.

If I'd got a seat on the Picc from Cockfosters, I'd stay seated in
reasonable comfort on the train all the way to Hyde Park corner, rather
than having to stand on a packed Victoria line train from Finsbury Park to
Green Park, and then having a 10 min walk to Hyde Park Corner (maybe in the
rain) that more than wasted the few minutes I'd saved standing on the
Victoria line train.

I suppose it depends if you value comfort over time. Personally I've got
better things to do than spend an extra 10-15 mins trundling through the
west end on the piccadilly line.

In that particular example, the comfortable option is also quicker. But
obviously it wouldn't always be the case.

You could always walk from the vic to the picc at green park though the poorly
designed layout at that station makes it far more of a slog than it should be
just to change lines.