Old September 21st 17, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why is the piccadilly line so slow?

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 01:07:01PM +0000, wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 08:44:25AM +0000,
wrote:
Its got to the point where its just painful to use in the mornings and
unsurprisingly the vast majority of people bail out at Finsbury and get on
the victoria line putting added strain on that.

It couldn't be that people are changing trains because the Victoria line
goes where they want to go could it? That's the reason that *I* change
at Finsbury Park pretty much every time I use the Piccadilly line.

I doubt all the people who get off the picc at finsbury are specifically going
to a victoria line station.

I expect that quite a few will be intending to make a further change
onto one of the Overground branches at Highbury & Islington. And
bazillions of people use Oxford Circus and Victoria - Oxford Circus for
media and retail jobs, Victoria for lots of government jobs.

Today's previously unreported paraphilia is tomorrow's Internet sensation