Old June 2nd 04, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

Robin May typed

"Richard J." wrote the following in:

mookie89 wrote:

Interestingly enough, in a fast growing northern suburb of
Indianapolis, traffic circles are becoming quite common in new road
construction. Drivers seem a little tentative, not understanding
proper traffic circle protocol, but hopefully this will ease out
and we Americans can take a lesson from our British ancestors and
keep the traffic flowing instead of sitting at a red light wasting
gasoline while absolutely no one is using the cross street.

When you think you have mastered roundabouts, have a look at my
favourite, the Magic Roundabout at Swindon:
http://www.swindonweb.com/life/lifemagi0.htm

That's amazing! I think I might have to go to Swindon just to see that.

I think there's a similar one in Hemel Hempstead....

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.