Old September 23rd 17, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Theo[_2_] Theo[_2_] is offline

Default Bus services outside of London

Offramp wrote:
I am intending to spend a week on the Norfolk coast. I can't drive so I
was going to buy a weekly bus pass to travel along the coast.

The trouble is that apparently if I buy a weekly Stagecoach Bus Pass I
don't think I can use it on any other operator's buses. Or can I?
Stagecoach is quite specific that its Megarider Pass is "valid for one
weeks travel on Stagecoach services within Norfolk and surrounding
areas..."

Single-operator tickets are usually single-operator. Norwich has a
multi-operator ticket, but I don't know if there are any for further afield:
https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/roads-and...t/buses/fusion

There's also Plusbus for Norwich, King's Lynn, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft...
but not sure if that suits.

Depends what the coverage is like in the areas you want to visit. The
Coasthopper is a Stagecoach fare aimed at people travelling along the coast:
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos...st/coasthopper

(it seems Stagecoach recently bought Norfolk Green who were a major operator
in northern Norfolk. In and south of Norwich other operators also run)

Theo