Old September 25th 17, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Northumberland Park and Stratford - Angel Road services

On 2017\09\25 13:27, Jim Chisholm wrote:
On 25/09/2017 10:01, Robin9 wrote:
I used that crossing frequently. I'm surprised there were not
more objections. It was a very busy and essential route.

With the Lea acting as a barrier, the level crossing at Northumberland
Park didn't really lead anywhere much. I don't know enough about traffic
levels on Leaside Road to know if the closure is a daily problem. I do
know it won't help when the North Circular is closed in the rush hour
because of a crash, which happens once a month or so.

My dream of a new road from Billet Road to Lansdowne Road is still on
no-one's radar. Hang on, the houses in Shelbourne Road opposite
Lansdowne road appear to be newer than the rest of the street... was a
gap left for 100 years for a new Lea bridge that never got built?
http://www.bombsight.org/#16/51.5991/-0.0569 suggests that the gap was
not the work of Hitlercorp's urban regeneration scheme.

So how many more times do train passengers cross the crossing than motor
vehicle drivers?

No-one was suggesting that it should be closed to train passengers.

Work on this section (STAR) has been progressing slowly for ages. Last
time I went past (on a train...) most of equipment boxes had been
removed and there are signs of new platforms and nearer T'Hale there
clearly work on creating space for track sub-base. S of T'Hale there
seemed to be piling kit for bridge over R Lea (or Lee)

Signs of new platforms at which station?

Am I imagining things, or are most of the Victoria Line depot buildings
long enough for 6 or 7 carriages, with one part long enough for about 13
carriages?