Old September 27th 17, 08:40 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Thank you for that post.

Regarding your last paragraph, I have to reiterate a point I've
made many times before. The huge increase in traffic congestion
in London has been caused primarily by TfL and anti-motor car
local authorities deliberately making our roads unfit for purpose.

Yesterday I strolled around the City and then from Aldgate to
Whitechapel. I was once again disgusted by the way the road
system had been damaged. I counted the private hire cars in
various long queues of vehicles. There were very few and those
few certainly were not the cause of the congestion and resulting
air pollution.

If Uber go out of business, their drivers will not abandon their
careers. They will drive for another minicab firm and their cars
will still be on the roads.