Old September 27th 17, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Uber shut down in London

In message , at
14:41:13 on Tue, 26 Sep 2017, Paul Corfield
remarked:
Personally they can close down tomorrow for all I care. Taking tens
of thousands of cars off the streets would do wonders for congestion.

One of the accusations against Uber in the past (it's not emerged this
time though) is the way the drivers herd around venues, illegally
double-parking etc in order to form a "faux rank" so they can respond to
orders quickly.

Even without the competition aspect, black cabs say it makes it much
less safe for them to drop off fares at such venues.

There's "2 minutes only" parking alongside St Pancras station, and it's
commonly filled with unused hire-cars, which I presume include a fair
number of Ubers.