Old September 28th 17, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Northern Line Battersea extension

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:10:41 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:39:16 on Thu, 28 Sep
2017, remarked:

Manchester has a vast railway network

Vast compared to what? There are large parts of the north and south of the
city and satellite towns/suburbs that arn't anywhere near a train station.

Compared to other big cities outside London (other than perhaps
Birmingham and Glasgow).

This map gives a good birds eye view of the phenomenon:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static...temaps/nationa
lrailoperatorsmapZoom.pdf

Train users in London, like yourself, are paying for much of it.

I pay for a lot of things in my taxes that I never use. Thats how taxation
works.

Londoners are paying in their fares. On latest available figures, about

Thats 2 seperate issues. Londoners getting screwed on fares doesn't mean that
the northern cities shouldn't have decent public transport infrastructure.