Old October 10th 17, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Crossrail transition

On 2017\10\10 10:05, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 20:19:56 on Mon, 9 Oct 2017,
Basil Jet remarked:
Do we know what the fare levels to Heathrow will be yet, or is that
still up in the air (pun not intended, the trains aren't planes)?
Â*A train driver recently said over the PA, I don't know if
unwittingly orÂ* with very great wit: "We are now completing our
approach into CambridgeÂ* Station"

Why was this witty?

There's anecdata about guards making announcements pretending to be on a
plane "Welcome aboard, today we'll be cruising at zero feet above the
rails..."

Was it in Camberley?

Last time I looked, Cambridge wasn't in Camberley.

Camberley used to be called Cambridge Town.