Old October 11th 17, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Oxford to London commute

On 11.10.2017 8:36 PM, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message , GeorgeK
writes

My job is at St Thomas hospital so I have to get to zone 1 (Waterloo or
Westminster). I'll check the places along the Chiltern route as well.
Would you recommend any of those places over the other for living?

How does staying at a Travelodge 4 nights a week on the outskirts of
London, travelling by car Monday morning and returning to Oxford Friday
night compare with the cost/time of commuting 5 days a week

It sounds like a pretty wretched life.

It's been decades since I did it but there was a time in my life when I
found myself (not through choice, thanks to my employer being taken over)
working in Cowley despite living in south London. For what it's worth, I
found the "Oxford Tube" and the X90 buses were viable for commuting
(reliable enough etc.) - but I could only manage it for 6 months before I
found another job and quit.