Old October 24th 17, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Crossrail transition

On Monday, 9 October 2017 13:51:37 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
04:18:53 on Mon, 9 Oct 2017, Paul Corfield remarked:

Oyster and Contactless ticketing to Heathrow via HEX and Crossrail
should be introduced next May according to the paper.

And SEFT-style ITSO?

Not that I am aware of. If HEX had wanted smartcards it would have introduced them by now as it's a simple self contained operation. I expect it is far keener to get TfL's contactless card system installed off the back of Oyster acceptance. Being able to use bank cards will likely appeal to a large proportion of their regular users. No ticket purchase and no queues will appeal to business travellers. Only those making use of discounted HEX advance tickets will be disadvantaged.

--
Paul C
via Google