Old October 24th 17, 12:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Paddington C5 program

On 24/10/2017 12:09, wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:01:55 +0100, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

I do wonder with Paddington (and other covered stations where there will
be no weather to deal with the waste) whether it would be possible to
have installed some form of drainage underneath where the toilets are
when the train stops (I know it's not exact, but some kind of trough in
the rough location with a flushing mechanism could do the job and not
leave it festering).

Or of course retrofit the trains with storage tanks....

What trains are left without now? HST with only a few more years use
and what else. So a problem that has been around for over a century
isn't really worth spending much money on for the last few years that
the situation exists.

Yes - sorry - I meant to imply in the distant past rather than recently
(in my defence I did say "to have installed" rather than in the current
or future tense)