Old June 3rd 04, 07:48 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
David Boothroyd David Boothroyd is offline

Default Political Parties 10 June

In article ,
"Yanart Amin Ari" wrote:
"Stuart" wrote in message
David Boothroyd wrote:

I was impressed with Frank Maloney's pledge to abolish the GLA. The
Mayor is part of the GLA so if he was elected he'd abolish himself.

It's the same with the UKIP and BNP candidates for the European
Parliament.

No it's NOT

Frank want's

He obviously needs to start educating his supporters in English grammar.

to lower the cost of Londoners Poll Tax ( don't give me that
pedantry **** again)

Is it pedantry to point out that the Poll Tax was abolished in 1993, or
is it accuracy?

by throwing less money at career politicians who get
paid to have a meeting about their last meeting

The job of the Assembly is to perform a check on the Mayor. There's
something very disturbing about someone getting rid of the only
organisation that is really able to check up on them.

It wouldn't be the first time a parliament had voted itself out of existence
remember 1640summat ?

You obviously don't remember anything about it because no Parliament
voted itself out of existence in the 1640s.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"Most of us Lib Dems stopped years ago being 'nice'" - David Larkman