Old October 24th 17, 01:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail transition

In message , at
04:33:09 on Tue, 24 Oct 2017, Paul Corfield
remarked:
If HEX had wanted smartcards it would have introduced them by now as
it's a simple self contained operation. I expect it is far keener to
get TfL's contactless card system installed off the back of Oyster
acceptance. Being able to use bank cards will likely appeal to a large
proportion of their regular users.

I wonder how many foreign-issued bank cards will work with the
contactless system?

No ticket purchase and no queues will appeal to business travellers.

As a much travelled businessman (in general terms) I can assure you that
the lack of a paper receipt/ticket to attach to my expenses claim is a
huge disadvantage.