Old October 24th 17, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard[_3_] Richard[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail transition

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:59:35 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

I wonder how many foreign-issued bank cards will work with the
contactless system?

We're told most - remember that there is no trouble with PINs and
perhaps no floor limit is applicable as there is no charge at the time
- certainly the cards I have seen used had no problems. My
contactless experience is varied, always worked in Belgium, seemed not
to work in Spain, but that was perhaps over the limit... and other
countries are only just coming round to the idea.

As a much travelled businessman (in general terms) I can assure you that
the lack of a paper receipt/ticket to attach to my expenses claim is a
huge disadvantage.

Like Neil, mine are on-line. I would have thought that was normal
these days for employees - you may have other experiences. Very easy
(at least compared to any other HR package, but that's not saying
much).

Richard.