Old October 27th 17, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail transition

In message , at 18:55:20 on Fri, 27 Oct
2017, D A Stocks remarked:

As a much travelled businessman (in general terms) I can assure you
that the lack of a paper receipt/ticket to attach to my expenses
claim is a huge disadvantage.

Other systems solve this problem easily, as you've been told before. NS's
system for Chipkaart produces a very nice online expenses claim receipt
(which is specifically valid for Dutch tax purposes in the case of
nominal/registered cards,) which is far more convenient than toting around
bits of paper - the same can be done for contactless cards.

I understand you can register your favourite card with TfL for this
very purpose, but I haven't had to claim for travel in London yet.
Since I live outside London I would probably buy a paper ticket and
claim against that.

For NS I just claim for the top-up - I'm liable for Dutch tax, but it's
all handled by my employer via a UK/Dutch tax equalisation process that
doesn't seem to take account of expenses.

See my comments about "dispensations". Having had a Dutch client they
clearly have the same scheme, all the way down to duplicating their tax
office's maximum allowable expenses in various territories as the
client's own allowances.

So I topped up my Chipkaart with around EUR 120 yesterday morning,
scanned the (paper) receipt into the expenses system this morning, and
it was approved this afternoon - this is (mostly) for journys I havn't
made yet. If I forget to get a receipt I can evidence the purchase via
the Chipkaart website, but I still claim against the top-up purchase
rather than individual journeys.