Old October 28th 17, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Beck's air map

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:18:36 on Sat, 28 Oct
2017, Recliner remarked:

It seems that even back then, airlines had alliances, but were more
open about code-shared flights than they are today.

https://www.flightstats.com is pretty transparent about codeshares. It
even tells you which company operates the flight (rather than markets
it).

eg: "Operated by (YV) Mesa Airlines on behalf of (AA) American Airlines,
a codeshare flight by the following airlines:
(GF) Gulf Air, (AS) Alaska Airlines, (BA) British Airways"

Yes, you can usually find out, and sometimes the flight number gives it
away, but many pax are still surprised to discover whose metal they'll be
flying on.

Many years ago, I was amused when travelling from Quebec City to Ottawa,
that our small Beechcraft 1900 operated by a tiny local line, on behalf of
Canadian Airlines, was announced as a BA flight.