Old June 3rd 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Strike Action

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message , Andrew P Smith
writes

The management are proposing cuts of 960 plus jobs to fund any sort

of pay
increase and to give us our 35 hour week,these are front line jobs in

the
ticket office ,station staff and supervisors,not the over staffed 55
broadway and other top management jobs.
Our claim is simply £22.000 starting salary for C.S.A,32 hour 4 day

week to
be implimented over a number of years ,35 hour parity with train ops

now.
Equalisation of pension rights,return of priv rate travel as per pre
national rail privatisation.
Roll on June 10th

I believe that drivers work a 36 hour week, but are only paid for 35.

Quite true, but this is compensated by the disgusting amount of
holidays that we apparently get!

Hmm. I wonder if LU will print the correct figure this time if they take
out anti strike adverts. When they quoted the figures before, I phoned the
number that they gave and they said they knew nothing about it and gave me
the human resources no. I told HR that what they quoted was a load of
******** and explained how the "holiday" total was broken down. They
seemed most surprised!. Mind you, given that they decided to class leave
as unauthorised absence on the pay slips, perhaps that means we're not
getting any holidays at all :-)

Roger
(my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages
- if you think you should have had a reply/comment,
please e-mail me again. Ta!)