Old November 6th 17, 04:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ding Bat Ding Bat is offline

Default Does a Metro anywhere have a first class section?

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 4:08:55 AM UTC+5:30, Robin wrote:
On 04/11/2017 10:34, Ding Bat wrote:
Does any city's mass transit have a first class section? India's Supreme Court weighs the issue of a sitting only class in the Delhi Metro, with fares ~5 times as high:
https://www.mensxp.com/special-featu...gh-prices.html

I've not been there but Dubai has a "gold class" on its metro.
https://www.dubai-online.com/transpo...tickets-fares/

Thanks! Double the price, not 5 times like Delhi is mulling:

Some Metro commuters are willing to pay double the price for a trip. Is it worth it? We ask Gold Nol card users.
http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...11-16-1.528195

In Chennai's suburban rail, 1st class fare from Kodambakkam to Trishulam
(the airport station) is Rs. 65 (US$ 1) whereas people's class fare is Rs. 5.